Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Your Inner Child! - Don't kill her!

Whether you are 15 or 45, you have an inner child! As you age, your maturity grows and your inner child starts to disappear! That's when you hear people tell you "You have turned out to be wise and mature!"... For the record, I hate those words! 


Who says being mature is always good? Who says losing your inner child is a good sign? I guess it's the way you look at it. I mean, everyone is entitled to their own perspective! Let me share mine.


I think it's okay to be a child once in a while - Even if you are 80! You get to forget about problems whether its in terms of finance, family or studies!... Take a break from your hectic lifestyle! Take a moment to unwind and let yourself go - Scream and throw tantrums! 


I have heard people say "You are too old to be watching cartoons!"... That's just wrong! You are never too old to watch cartoons! My personal favourites: Tom and Jerry, Flinstones, Dexter's Laboratory and practically all Disney cartoons!...I am 22 and I still watch cartoons and I am proud of it!...I am proud to know that I didn't let that inner child in me die!.. She will always be there - through thick or thin!


Why is it good to keep your inner child?
Well, when you lose the inner child in you, you lose your imagination!... Remember when you were a child, you could see opportunity in every single detail? Rulers were your swords! The clouds in the sky are never just clouds - they are elephants, babies, tortoises or rabbits! A child's imagination is an incredible gift!... We were are born with it! -  Some of us choose to keep it and others choose to throw it away! Well for me...I am definitely keeping it!


You will hear people say "You are childish! You should grow up!" - Don't listen to them because:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional! 

If you keep the child in you alive, you feel alive! - Life will be full of smiles, laughter and joy (Just like your childhood!)


So, try it today! Don't suppress your inner child! Unleash him/her!: Watch cartoons, throw tantrums, eat ice cream out of the tub and be clumsy... You can even be Superman if you want to, for imagination has no limits!

4 comments:

  1. Here's to keeping inner child alive ..... cheers.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. uncle rosli's van mateMarch 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

    i feel like my inner child is slowly disappearing..gotta catch hold of it before it disappears forever..thanks for the wake up call shaarm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let go of your inner child...sometimes its the only sane person inside of us!...it's never too late!...go catch her and keep her safe!...and, i miss uncle rosli! such fond memories!=)

      Delete