Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yes, I have negative traits - So what?

So today's post is kinda inspired by this website:


 http://www.gurusoftware.com/GuruNet/Personal/Factors.htm

It practically lists out many of human's positive and negative traits! - In other words, it basically lists out what is socially accepted as positive traits and the negative traits that should be avoided! My question is, who classifies these things?! Why is a particular trait positive or negative? 


Unfortunately, I have no answers to these questions! But, what I am going to do today is, pick out a few of the traits listed in the website mentioned above and try to prove to you that possessing some of so called "negative traits" is NOT BAD at all! - But of course, you are the judge here! If you disagree with me on any of these points, do leave comments below! =)

1) Decisive (positive) and Indecisive (negative)


People keep saying that we should be decisive about EVERYTHING...I agree that being decisive is good in a way but that doesn't mean being indecisive is bad! Being a Libran, apparently I am born indecisive which I don't disagree to! I AM INDECISIVE! I take time to decide on even trivial matters but that doesn't mean I am inefficient!


Being indecisive can sometimes be fun! Back when I was in UK, my friends and I went out for winter boots shopping in the biggest mall in Europe! I saw a few boots which I liked but I couldn't decide (duh!)...So, we kept walking and looking around! But of course, I ended up buying the boots I saw in the 1st shop!...We may have been super tired, but it was a fun moment! Til today, we talk about it and have a good laugh!- It gave us a chance to spend time together! - We laughed at each other, got a little bit of scolding from my friend (out of love of course!) and took photos!


 If I were decisive, shopping time would have had spent maybe about 3 hrs tops! But, since I was indecisive, I had my lovely friends to myself for the WHOLE DAY! (Now, how can that possibly be a negative outcome?! *winks*)


THE boots! =D
2) Accept what is given (positive) and Rejects/Ignores what is given (negative)


It's true that you have learn to accept what you have and appreciate what is given to you!... But is it ALWAYS good?...My answer is no! If you always keep accepting what is given to you, then how are going to improve in life? Sometimes, you gotta grab what you deserve! You gotta demand for it! Like the saying 'Knock, and the door shall open, Ask, and you shall be granted'...Certain things in life just doesn't fall on your lap! You gotta fight for it! 

3) Change (positive) and Resist change (negative)

I am a firm believer of the saying 'Nothing is constant except change!'...I don't deny the fact that change is good! Change brings development and improvement!...But there is also good in resisting changes! People try to change others for their own convenience...Sometimes, people are so bothered about what others think! Trying to change oneself to impress others and just to be socially accepted - Is this change good? You be the judge of that! Don't change yourself cause someone says so! Only do it if it feels right to you! If you allow people to change you then you live a life of a piece of clay, for humans think for themselves and make their own decisions!

4) Not jealous (positive) and jealousy (negative)

Jealousy is the most common trait which is almost always classified as negative trait! Yeh maybe it is! But, a little jealousy can bring you a long way! It could be used as motivation! When someone achieves better than you at work, school or life, use your green-eyed monster to climb that ladder of success! If you use it wisely, jealousy brings success and improvement in life!

5) Serious (positive) and silly (negative)


Being serious is important - sometimes! But, if you are always serious about everything, then you will be left with white hairs, wrinkles and most probably depression. We should be silly once in a while. Be spontaneous and laugh out loud! Don't hold yourself back because you are in public! If anything, your silly laughter brings joy to others or maybe a little jealousy (then again, a little jealousy = motivation!)... So don't always be serious, be happy and cease the moment!

Of course, this doesn't mean you have to disregard the positive traits! Be balanced! 


Don't try to be perfect! - Life doesn't come with a manual! Do what makes you happy and for once don't wonder about what others may think about you! It's not your job to please people! 


Life, like law, has no right or wrong answers! Be yourself and remember that some of your negative traits CAN bring positive results - if you use them wisely! *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment